• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Late to the party

#1 User is offline   Daniel 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

I got pointed over to the kickstarter from HCRealms just in time to miss the deadline. Is there any way I can get in on the kickstarter though the CKPM (coolminiornot kickstarter pledge manager) I've been hearing about?

Edit: There IS a list of latecomers (in case someone else is in the same boat). They'll allow a paypal pledge from those on the late list after sending out an email in late July.

chernann@coolminiornot.com

#2 User is offline   Orlando_the_Technicoloured 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationBirmingham, UK

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostDaniel, on 02 July 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

I got pointed over to the kickstarter from HCRealms just in time to miss the deadline. Is there any way I can get in on the kickstarter though the CKPM (coolminiornot kickstarter pledge manager) I've been hearing about?

Sadly not :( , you need to have been in on the kickstarter to get access to the CKPM

The only thing that might work is finding somebody who pledged and giving them the money to add extra stuff for you in the CKPM (if their CC in not maxed out, I know mine is). This would mean the stuff would not come to you, but go to them and you'd have to arrange shipping or collection of it too.

Try having a look at the thread below to see if there is anybody near you and PM them

http://studiomcvey.c...t__40#entry3029

#3 User is offline   Devil Ray 

• PipPip
  • LocationHeilbronn, Germany

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:28 AM

In order to use the CKPM tool you have to pledge at least on Quarantaine level to be able to use it. If you are not part of this KS then you are not able to get into the CKPM by yourself. But maybe someone who has pledged is willing to help you out by including your wanted pledge into his or hers :)
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Weasel-Fierce 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

You could also try emailing CMON directly. I was also late to the party for Zombicide and managed to get in touch with someone who was able to help me out (before I got cold feet and backed out, which left me money for the SedWars KS). I just followed the 'Contact Us' button on C'MON and pleaded my case :-)

#5 User is offline   Studio McVey - Mike 

• Studio McVey
  • Group: Moderators
  • LocationWindermere UK

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Try sending an email to - kickstarter@coolminiornot.com

;)

#6 User is offline   Daniel 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

I sent an email to coolmini's contact us and the email provided for the kickstarter. Now all I can do is wait for a response. Thank you for the recommendations.

#7 User is offline   Fes 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hope they allow you to get in on it Daniel :)

#8 User is offline   Lugburz 

• The Snake of Garrado
  • PipPipPip
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Best of luck :)
Posted Image SolCon fugitive on the BDN Top 10
Posted ImagePosted Image Sedition Wars KS Backer
Posted Image x2: We've Got Movement!
Posted Image The original Keegan Kor

#9 User is offline   Daniel 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

There IS a list of latecomers (in case someone else is in the same boat). They'll allow a paypal pledge after sending out an email in late July.

#10 User is offline   Lugburz 

• The Snake of Garrado
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Pinning thread temporarily in case other late comers need to contact Chern/CMON

#11 User is offline   Zoatibix 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for posting this...I kinda screwed up my pledge so have used the address to contact them about it!

#12 User is offline   Industrial Scribe 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'm already in @ WGM! but it seems a shame all round for those that missed out don't get a chance.

Maybe a paypal/CKPM (coolminiornot kickstarter pledge manager) SLACKER BACKER TIER could be available.

1 copy of Biohazzard + option of 1 of each extra.

I know they don't want people to hold off backing the next kick starter thinking that they will wait till it finishes then
back if it is good with the extra's but maybe a 1/2 measure is still possible?

Luck to you

#13 User is offline   Lugburz 

• The Snake of Garrado
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

IndustrialScribe - It appears as though Chern has already been kind enough to make exceptions, see Daniel's post above

#14 User is offline   Industrial Scribe 

• PipPip

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

Not to sound like a stuck record but yet again but GOOD CALL

More happy backers & more money for the McVey Money bed :)

#15 User is offline   Reaper 

• PipPip
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I've got a couple of friends who didn't have the resources to get in while the KS was going but may have by the end of July. Anyone know the deadline they need to contact CMoN by?

#16 User is offline   Arkangel 

• PipPip

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

View PostDaniel, on 02 July 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

Edit: There IS a list of latecomers (in case someone else is in the same boat). They'll allow a paypal pledge from those on the late list after sending out an email in late July.

REALLY? <_<

Kinda de-values the whole point of being in on the kickstarter, especially for those who made the effort to be involved from the begining.

Don't get me wrong I feel for those who do miss out, but I missed out on Zombicide, as did many who found out about it after the fact, and will have to wait for it's general release :huh:

If this is true it smacks a little of 'money grabbing' or 'milking the success after the fact', and I find that a little disappointing :blink:

I'd like it if Mike,Ali or someone from CMON could put together a few words for this thread for clarification.

#17 User is offline   DaveC 

• Shadow of Reverie
  • Group: Administrators
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

14th of July seems to be the deadline for late pledges per KS update #61

Update #61 said:

Day 14 - Late pledges close (for those chaps who had problems with Amazon or got caught by the Kickstarter downtime). Write kickstarter@coolminiornot.com to get your late pledge in!

#18 User is offline   Daniel 

• PipPip

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

View PostArkangel, on 04 July 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

REALLY? <_<

Kinda de-values the whole point of being in on the kickstarter, especially for those who made the effort to be involved from the beginning.

Don't get me wrong I feel for those who do miss out, but I missed out on Zombicide, as did many who found out about it after the fact, and will have to wait for it's general release :huh:

If this is true it smacks a little of 'money grabbing' or 'milking the success after the fact', and I find that a little disappointing :blink:

I'd like it if Mike,Ali or someone from CMON could put together a few words for this thread for clarification.
I'm sorry for learning about the existence of kickstarter (let alone this project) too late. From the stretch goals it looks like a vast amount of the funding was right at the end...isn't that 'milking the success after the fact'?

I'm still buying the game months before I'll see the product and seeing if anyone else wants to invest in the game (or at least play my copy when I get it). The more people that play the game the more people who are likely to buy future products to continue the game line.

I was interested enough to send a message on kickstarter, go to these message boards to post this thread, go to coolminiornot, and email CMON. However, in six months would I even remember this board game when it's available for sale? I live in a small town so the chance the local venue would put it on the shelf is pretty much zero. I have a friend who is thrilled about the merc crew (which wont get made again). I fail to see why it would be in the game designer's best interest to tell people to wait months to buy their stuff. Most sales pitches are designed to get you to buy right away rather than risk someone changing their mind. They are trying to sell a product so I'm not sure how you can get upset about a 'money grab' when this doesn't lessen the quality of the product they're providing in the slightest.

#19 User is offline   Ciaran Annrach 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

View PostArkangel, on 04 July 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

REALLY? <_<

Kinda de-values the whole point of being in on the kickstarter, especially for those who made the effort to be involved from the begining.

While I understand where you are coming from - I had the same reaction at first. But you have to realize this stance comes from the ego and the desire to be exclusive. Which is fine, but ultimately what is important isn't our egos, or the fact we're part of the super-cool secret squirrel Sedition Wars KS club - it's that Mike and Ali get this game into as many people's hands as possible. Each person who gets the game can introduce it to others, and so the knowledge of this great game, and its subsequent expansions, can spread and become more popular. The more product they sell, the quicker they can get new content into our grubby little hands, and the better that content is for us.

Also, realize that additional people buying the game now, and getting all the bonuses, in no way diminishes what you are already getting, or the effort you put in. You're still one of the people who made the KS happen. You can say you backed it, and if you were there early enough, that you watched each stretch goal come and pass. And that's not something anyone else can say anymore, unless they were there with us.
Posted Image x3 -- Keep Firing!

#20 User is offline   Lugburz 

• The Snake of Garrado
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Let's be honest, it's very kind of Chern (CMON) to offer latecomers the option to pay for what amounts to a KS pledge level. As the OP suggested, the effort to make the sale was his own, and not something CMON went out of their way to make happen. If anything, it's less of a 'money grab', and more of a kind gesture on behalf of a publisher who is making an exception for a additional sale that originally had a grace period.

Also, at 950K+ it's not like CMON is desperate for money :lol:

I'm very pleased this KS campaign was a success, and I applaud Chern for the display of good customer service. It makes me feel confident when a company has a good relationship with their customers — it builds confidence and trust :)

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users